Celeb in Black 'n White

Celeb in Black 'n White

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday B'nW: Thayer's 'Flatter' top: not particularly flattering...


Had this been a dress rather than a top, it would've been a clear candidate for Ugly Prom Dress of the Day. It's clearly channelling that large-shouldered, cheap satin, be-ruffled look so beloved of the makers of 80s prom dresses, isn't it?

As it is, however, it's merely a candidate for a fun night of line dancing, worn with a denim skirt, a pair of cowboy boots and a sassy attitude, in a small town where people still play Billy Ray Cyrus songs and wear "leisure pants" on the weekend.

"A bold neckline flatters any frame," says Shopbop, with touching optimism. Er, no, it really doesn't, but if you think it'll flatter yours, it's $176.

-Source-

1 comment:

Maria lopez said...

I love these dresses and the floral arrangement too! I am having my dress made by Gabriella Colbasso of the LA Opera, she is doing my bridesmaids like the pink one but in Coral, I am using many kitty faces in my flowers. So pretty and great that my bridesmaids can all be happy this day!Thanks you very muck for sharing this beautiful post with us.

sexy prom dresses